French and Indian War Quiz
1. The French and Indian War was part of the larger ___________ .
2. What was the major source of wealth for New France ?
3. The French and British conflict over _________ was the direct cause for the French and Indian War .
3. Who wrote the letter demanding the French leave the area in question #3 ?
4.Washington was forced to surrender to a French force at the battle of the Meadows on July 4, 1754 . Washington and his force of about 300 were under siege by a French force of 700 at ____.
5.What led to Braddock's defeat at Battle of the Monongahela or the Battle of the Wilderness July 9, 1755 ?
6. Who was the British colonial commander Champlain Valley , superintendent of Indian affairs and victor of the Battle of Lake George ?
7. What was the key French fortress defending the St. Lawrence River Valley and Quebec ?
8. The site of the French Fort _____ later was renamed Pittsburgh in honor of William Pitt.
9. The Greatest French victory of the War was at the battle of _______, where Montcalm defeated British force five times his size .
10. The massacre of British soldiers and civilians after the Battle of ________ by French Indian allies
was portrayed in the movie and book , Last of the Mohicans.
10. How was Gen Wolfe able to land his forces close to Quebec ?
11. This famous painting depicts the death of Gen. Wolfe at __________ , where the British conquered Quebec.
Answers to the French and Indian War Quiz