French and Indian War Quiz
1. The French and Indian War was part of the larger ___________ .
Seven Year's War
2. What was the major source of wealth for New France ?
The fur trade
3. The French and British conflict over _________ was the direct cause
for the French and Indian War .
the Ohio River valley
3. Who wrote the letter demanding the French leave the area in
question #3 ?
4.Washington was forced to surrender to a French force at the battle of
the Meadows on July 4, 1754 . Washington and his force of about 300
were under siege by a French force of 700 at ____.
5.What led to Braddock's defeat at Battle of the Monongahela or the
Battle of the Wilderness July 9, 1755 ?
ambush by French and Indian forces
6. Who was the British colonial commander Champlain Valley ,
superintendent of Indian affairs and victor of the Battle of Lake George
7. What was the key French fortress defending the St. Lawrence River
Valley and Quebec ?
8. The site of the French Fort _____ later was renamed Pittsburgh in
honor of William Pitt.
9. The Greatest French victory of the War was at the battle of _______,
where Montcalm defeated British force five times his size .
10. The massacre of British soldiers and civilians after the Battle of
________ by French Indian allies
was portrayed in the movie and book , Last of the Mohicans.
Fort William Henry
10. How was Gen Wolfe able to land his forces close to Quebec ?
Wolfe made a surprise night landing
11. This famous painting depicts the death of Gen. Wolfe at
__________ , where the British conquered Quebec.
Battle of the Plains of Abraham